BRANDLYTIX (PTY) LTD
(Registration Number: 2021 / 482766 / 07)
(Hereinafter referred to as “the Company”)
At Brandlytix, we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your Personal
Information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and openly.
As a result, we would like to inform you, regarding the way we would use your Personal
Information. This Notice explains how we obtain, use, and disclose your personal information,
as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013 (POPI Act).
If you do not agree with these terms, you may choose not to provide any Personal Information,
but this may impact on our ability to support you as a client or supplier. This Privacy Notice and
Consent forms part of our Terms and Conditions of Use and such shall be governed by and
construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
According to the POPI Act ‘‘Personal Information’’ means information relating to an identifiable,
living, natural person, and where it is applicable, an identifiable, existing juristic person.
- WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal information includes but is not limited to:
• Marital status
• National origin
• Relevant financial history
• Identifying number (like an employee number, identity number or passport number)
• E-mail address; physical address (like residential address, work address or your
physical location); telephone number
• Biometric information (like fingerprints, signature, or voice)
• Race; gender; sex; pregnancy status; ethnic origin; social origin; color; sexual
• Physical health; mental health; well-being; disability; religion; belief; conscience;
• Medical history; criminal history; employment history
• Personal views, preferences, and opinions
• Another’s views or opinions about you.
• Full names and initials
Personal information includes special personal information, as per below –
This includes but is not limited to:
• Ethnic origin
• Trade union membership
• Biometric information
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your Personal Information mainly to provide you with access to our
services and products, to help us improve our offerings to you, to support our contractual
and/or employment relationship with you.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used.
We will only collect information that we need for that purpose. Information may be collected
from a public record.
With your consent, we may also supplement the information that you provide to us with
information we receive from other companies in our industry to offer you a more consistent and
personalized experience in your interactions with Brandlytix.
- COLLECTION OF NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may automatically collect non-Personal Information about you such as the type of internet
browsers you use or the website from which you linked to our website. We may also
aggregate details which you have submitted to the site (for example, the products or services
you are interested in). You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to
assist us in providing an effective service on this website. We may from time-to-time supply
third parties with this non-personal or aggregated data for uses in connection with this
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from our websites or applications to your computer or
device hard drive or Internet browser where it is saved. The cookie contains information to
personalise your experience on our websites or applications and may improve your experience
on the websites or applications. The cookie will also identify your device, like the computer or
By using our websites or applications you agree that cookies may be forwarded from the
relevant website or application to your computer or device. The cookie will enable us to know
that you have visited the website or application before and will identify you. We may also use
the cookie to prevent fraud and for analytics.
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will use your Personal and Non-Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was
collected or agreed with you, for example:
• to provide detailed marketing communication strategies to medium sized companies I
accordance with the agreed contractual terms.
• to act according to your instructions
• the company may from time-to-time transfer and/or disclose your Personal
Information to other parties, including its other branches and/or approved third party
product/service providers and related companies, such disclosure shall always be
subject to an agreement concluded between the Company and such other person
(“the recipient”) obligating the recipient to comply with strict confidentiality, with all the
information security conditions and provisions as contained in POPIA.
• to comply with regulatory reporting obligations and legislative requirements.
• to comply with our statutory regulations and obligations of screening clients and
visitors’ health when accessing our premises to comply with COVID-19 protocols.
• in relation to supplier information, to create supplier profiles on our systems, pay
suppliers and for general administration.
• to undertake activities related to the provision of accounts and/or products and/or
services to the client.
• to respond to your queries and comments
• to verify your identity, and that of others linked to you such as your spouse, partner,
next-of-kin, and children – for HR purposes.
• collect information about the device you are using to view the site, such as your IP
address or the type of browser or operating system you are using, and link this to your
Personal Information so as to ensure that the site presents the best web experience
• to maintain and update our client and /or supplier, or potential client databases.
• for other activities and/or purposes which are lawful, reasonable, and adequate,
relevant, and not excessive in relation to the provision of our services and/or the use
of the website, our business activities, or such other purpose for which it was
• employment applications – we may ask you to provide personal information as part of
your application. We will also conduct checks in order to verify your identity and the
information in your application and obtain further information about your suitability for
your role within the company.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
• It is a requirement of POPI to adequately protect the Personal Information that
Brandlytix holds and as such we take reasonable technical and organizational
measures to secure the integrity of your personal information so far as to prevent
unauthorized access and/or disclosure of your personal information and to protect
your personal information from misuse, loss, alteration, and destruction.
• We review our information, collection, storage and processing practices, including
physical security measures periodically, to ensure we keep abreast of good practice.
• This policy is in place throughout Brandlytix and training on this policy and the POPI
Act has taken place.
• Each new employee will be required to sign an employment contract containing
relevant consent clauses for the use and storage of employee information, or any
other action so required, in terms of POPI.
• Every employee currently employed by Brandlytix will be required to sign an
addendum to their employment contract containing relevant consent clauses for the
use and storage of employee information, or any other action so required, in terms of
• Suppliers and third-party service providers will be required to sign operators’
agreements guaranteeing their commitment to the Protection of Personal Information;
this is however an ongoing process that will be evaluated as needed.
• Consent to process client information is obtained from clients (or a person who has
been given authorization from the client to provide the client’s personal information)
during the introductory, appointment and needs analysis stage of the relationship.
• Despite the above measures being taken when processing Personal Information and
Special Personal Information, as far as the law allows, we will not be liable for any
loss, claim and/or damage arising from any unauthorized access, disclosure, misuse,
loss, alteration, or destruction of your Personal Information and/or Special Personal
- YOUR RIGHT TO ACCESS YOUR OWN INFORMATION
You have the right to request, free of charge, confirmation as to whether we hold personal
information about you. You also have the right to request a copy of the record of personal
information or a description of the personal information we hold about you. Submission of
access request forms together with the details of the access request procedure can be found in
- CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. We will take
all, reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to Personal Information we
may hold about you.
We would appreciate it if you would take the necessary steps to keep your Personal Information
accurate and up to date by notifying us of any changes, we need to be aware of.
- RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Brandlytix will retain your personal information for the statutory period/s as required by law. Or
where we need to do so in connection with any legal action or an investigation in which we are
Otherwise, we will keep your personal information for as long as is needed to provide you with
access to the services requested.
- RIGHT TO OBJECT
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18, you have the right to object to the processing of
personal information as referred to in section 11(3) of the POPIA.
- RIGHT TO LODGE A COMPLAINT
In terms of the POPI Act (POPIA) section 18, you have the right to lodge a complaint to the
Information Regulator (South Africa) (IRSA).
The IRSA contact details are:
- NOTICES AND REVISIONS
If you have any concern about privacy at the company, please email us through a description
and we will try and resolve the issue for you.
Due to changes in the law, changes in technology and changes within our business, there may
The updated policy will be communicated with you via email or your selected communication
channel with us, unless you have instructed us not to. Alternatively, we encourage you to check
this page regularly.
- CONTACT US
Information Officer: Madel Dalla Pria
Contact number: tel: 071 382 9553